Center for Systematic Entomology (CSE)
For the past 35+ years the Center for Systematic Entomology (CSE) has served as a non-profit corporation designed to further systematics in its broadest sense. It has supported the Florida State Collection of Arthropods (FSCA) in many ways, including purchase of computer software, library materials, museum study trips, and labor for bulk sample sorting. The CSE has also provided a number of grants for specialists to study at the FSCA. Because the Research Associate program supports insect systematics in many of the same ways, we believe that membership in CSE provides another way that Research Associates can assist.
Publications of the CSE includes a newsletter (discontinued after 2003), the journal Insecta Mundi, devoted exclusively to arthropod systematics, as well as the Memoirs Series. One of the advantages of membership is publishing in the journal without page charges. We urge all Research Associates to support the CSE and simultaneously support FSCA and its various systematics projects. For $40 you can be an important part of this effort.
The CSE bylaws were last updated December 21, 2006.
Lifetime Board of Directors Member
Past and Present Board Members
- 2022-2024: Felipe Soto-Adames, Krystal Ashman, David Plotkin, Julieta Brambila
- 2021-2023: Mark Rothschild, Gary J. Steck, Alessandra Pandolfi, David Serrano
- 2020-2022: Kyle Schnepp, John Leavengood, Davide Dal Pos, Oliver Keller
- 2019-2021: Felipe Soto-Adames, Krystal Ashman, David Plotkin, Julieta Brambila
- 2018-2020: William Grogan, Mark Rothschild, Eric Rodriguez, Gary J. Steck
- 2017-2019: Paul Skelley, Kyle Schnepp, Bob Woodruff, Oliver Keller
- 2016-2018: Joe Eger, Rudi Scheffrahn, David Plotkin, Julieta Brambila
- 2015-2017: Robert Woodruff, Paul Skelley, Jiri Hulcr, Andrei Sourakov
- 2014-2016: (coming soon)
- 2013-2015: Mark Rothschild, William Grogan, Rudi Scheffrahn, Gary J. Steck
- 2012-2014: Paul Skelley, Trevor Smith, Andrei Sourakov, Robert Woodruff
- 2011-2013: Julieta Brambila, Joe Eger, Howard Frank, Ian Stocks
- 2010-2012: William Grogan, Rudi Scheffrahn, Gary J. Steck
- 2009-2011: Trevor Smith, Clare Scott, Andrei Sourakov, Robert Woodruff
- 2008-2010: Julieta Brambila, Joe Eger, J. Howard Frank, Deborah Matthews Lott
- 2007-2009: J. Howard Frank, Gary J. Steck, Jennifer M. Zaspel, Seth M. Bybee
- 2006-2008: Jan Peters, Trevor Smith, Andrei Sourakov, Robert E. Woodruff
- 2005-2007: Ronald D. Cave, Julieta Brambila, Bruce D. Sutton, Michael C. Thomas
- 2004-2006: Marc A. Branham, Joe Eger, J. Howard Frank, Gary J. Steck
- 2003-2005: G.B. Edwards, Jan Peters, Paul E. Skelley, Robert E. Woodruff
- 2002-2004: Avas B. Hamon (retired, Greg Hodges appointed to fill term), Bruce D. Sutton, Michael C. Thomas, Robert H. Turnbow, Jr.
- 2001-2003: Eugene Gerberg, Dale Habeck, Gary J. Steck, Cal Welbourn
- 2000-2002: Richard A. Baranowski, Byrd K. Dozier, G.B. Edwards, Robert E. Woodruff
- 1999-2001: John M. Kingsolver, John Reinert, Michael C. Thomas, William B. Peters (deceased, Avas B. Hamon appointed to fill term)
- 1998-2000: Eugene Gerberg, Susan Halbert, Gary J. Steck, Cal Welbourn