<< back to Insecta Mundi
Manuscript Preparation Rules and Guidelines (updated 2019)
Common Problems Checklist (Lista de Problemas Frecuentes)
Review Report Form
Informe Crítico del Revisor
Carta de Compromiso
Insecta Mundi is a continuing experiment in publication. Our goal is to publish taxonomic works not only free to the author, but also openly accessible. This can only be done with authors submitting manuscripts publishable by journal standards, not just in quality, but also in technical details. The length of time needed to publish any manuscript is inversely proportional to the amount of time, effort, and attention to details the author and reviewers spend prior to submission. Authors who understand how to build and clean manuscripts with word processing and photo editing programs will have no difficulty following our requirements and publishing in Insecta Mundi.
If you wish to publish in Insecta Mundi, we have various guides available to help you through manuscript preparation processes. Papers not adequately reviewed, or which have not been subjected to the presubmission processes, will be returned or rejected.
Manuscript Submission checklist. Each submitted manuscript must include the following documents.
- First, authors must obtain critical reviews from two outside reviewer's. Those review comments and Reviewer Report forms must be submitted with the manuscript. If not, the manuscript will be returned.
- Second, we require authors clean their manuscript so the underlying coding will be compatible with the programs used to create the final paper. All manuscript files are programs, complicated sets of computer coding that present information visually with compatible software and hardware. These manuscript programs frequently have hidden coding that makes them incompatible with other computers. Such problems can prevent publication of your manuscript. Two documents are available to help guide you through manuscript cleaning: the full Manuscript Preparation Rules and Guidelines and the Common Problems Checklist .
- Third, we now require authors submit a signed Submission Contract which attests that the author has followed our preparation guidelines. Authors are fully responsible for the contents, organization, and technical details of their paper.
Submissions are sent electronically to:
- Manuscript and associated appendices or other files.
- Images arranged into plates, each plate submitted as a separate TIF, JPG or PDF file.
- Copies of two critical reviews, showing reviewer comments.
- Copies of Reviewer Report forms, one for each reviewer in addition to the manuscript with comments.
- Copy of the signed Submission Contract, attesting that manuscript is ready to go.
Chief Editor: David Plotkin
Assistant Editor: Paul E. Skelley
Center for Systematic Entomology
P.O. Box 141874
Gainesville, FL 32614-1874 USA
© Copyright 1988-2020 Center for Systematic Entomology, Inc.
PO Box 141874, Gainesville, FL 32614-1874 USA